- Swift’s Array type now has full value semantics. Updated the information about Mutability of Collections and Arrays to reflect the new approach. Also clarified the Assignment and Copy Behavior for Strings, Arrays, and Dictionaries.
- Array Type Shorthand Syntax is now written as [SomeType] rather than SomeType.
- Added a new section about Dictionary Type Shorthand Syntax, which is written as [KeyType: ValueType].
- Added a new section about Hash Values for Dictionary Key Types.
- Examples of Closure Expressions now use the global sorted function rather than the global sort function, to reflect the new array value semantics.
- Updated the information about Memberwise Initializers for Structure Types to clarify that the memberwise structure initializer is made available even if a structure’s stored properties do not have default values.
- Updated to ..< rather than .. for the Half-Closed Range Operator.
- Added an example of Extending a Generic Type.
If you liked this article you can follow me on Twitter
Trackbacks are disabled